The Marsaskala Community & Friends working-group is committed to safeguarding the privacy of website visitors and service users. This policy outlines how we process your personal data.
Your rights under European data protection law (GDPR) are:
• The right to information; we will provide you information we store about you in a clear and transparent way, if any information about you is actually stored.
• The right to access; we will provide you a copy of your data free of charge upon request, if any such data exists. This will not impact our services to you. You have the right to know how we process your data and what data we store, if any such data exists.
• The right to rectification; we will amend incorrect data or ensure data is complete where there are gaps if you provide us with additional information.
• The right to erasure; you have the right to ask for data to be deleted by withdrawing consent for consent-based processing, if storing data is no longer necessary, and we do have any such data.
• The right to restrict processing to only that which you consider essential.
• The right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• The right to object to your personal data being used for research purposes.
• The right to data portability; you have the right to request that your data be transferred to another party in an easily transferable format, if any such such is stored in our system.
• The right to withdraw consent. If we process your data because of consent you have the right to withdraw your consent.
• You have the right to complain to a legal or regulatory body about how Marsaskala Community & Friends processes your data. To enact any of your rights please contact us via the contact form on the website.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Marsaskala Community & Friends uses technologies including cookies and IP addresses. These are used exclusively in administering the website. Website visitors are not tracked by the main website engine (WordPress), or by the third party services.
You have the right to change the cookie settings on the website. Your visit will be unaffected.
INTERNATIONAL HOSTING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All online tools Marsaskala Community & Friends uses will, to the best of our knowledge be GDPR compliant.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Should we ever process personal data for any purpose or purposes, it shall not be kept for longer than is necessary (minimum period of two years and a maximum period of seven years after our last communication, except where legal obligations state otherwise.)
We will notify you if we think there has been a data breach that could lead to identity theft or a risk to your reputation.
CHANGE TO PROCESSES
If a change to our processes (including a change in the technologies) is planned we will perform a risk assessment. If there is a high risk to your data security, we will inform you before we make the change.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE POLICY
These rights do not apply if there is a conflicting legal obligation or if the application of the right would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you would like to ask Marsaskala Community & Friends any questions about this policy, please contact us using the online contact form.
This policy was last reviewed in November 2018